Wednesday, July 1, 2015

update (sort of)

There is so much I have to say but haven't found the time or just the right words to say it all.

The children are all fine minus the average bumps, bruises, cuts and scrapes that occur when modern medicine fails in treating your kids' intractable seizures etc.

One of the newly graduated is gainfully employed at her dream job for the summer.  She is feeling excited, overwhelmed but grown and responsible.  The other continues her quest to find a job but is looking in the area where short term is ok as her plan is to marry and move out within six months or so (don't get me started).

The school kids are happy summer is here though it would be nice if the weather would cooperate a bit.  Day camps will soon start which they are looking forward to.  When you don't have imaginative play skills or any real play skills in general the days can be very long and boring.  We spend a lot of time doing as much outdoor activity as we can and when the weather is not so great we shop, bake and do the things that it takes to keep a house running.

The big kids still have their day programs to go to.  It takes a lot of encouragement to get the day programs organizing different schedules that have them outdoors and making use of the city's seasonal  activities.  Though the majority of the big kids have one to one staffing it remains difficult to develop stimulating, meaningful somewhat productive programs.  If I could only win the lottery I would create a reality for them that only exists in my dreams

There is news and there is no news in the adoption front.  This is what I am trying to find the time to write about.  I have mentioned it before in previous posts where I think my excitement might have been palpable.  Unfortunately as I have said many times before adoption is a very difficult way to grow a family.  Throw in other factors such as my family on paper, government custody of a special child, living in a different region of the province from where the child resides and you have barriers that sometimes seem insurmountable.

I will find the time as I believe my experiences might be helpful for others who come up against similar circumstances.

I will ask as I leave you with this update of sorts....keep the children in foster care in your thoughts and prayers.  Pray that permanence is found for them whether it be back with their families of origin, extended family or adoption.  Pray that those in control of their lives...foster parents, case workers, case managers, lawyers if the kids have them and judges all work in the child's best interests and most importantly share a similar vision as to what the best interests are.  If returning to family is not possible pray that those in control see the children as adoptable and that they dedicate themselves to finding their family.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!  We live in a spectacular country both in geography, climate and freedoms that allow us to be all that we can be.

No comments: