Friday, July 24, 2015

I'm around.  The kids are around.  There has been drama.  A little of the regular seizure drama.  A lot adoption drama.  I wish I could tell you all that has gone on but a) it just does not make sense to those outside of the world of trying to adopt (especially out of foster care and b) I have to be very careful with what I share for fear of shooting myself in the foot.

As added excitement my profile was shown in regards to a precious newborn with Down syndrome.  When I started this adoption journey it was always in my head that somewhere along the way I would have a little girl with Down syndrome.  No word of a lie in the last four years I have been this close to that vision becoming a reality yet in the end it doesn't happen.  What's up with that anyways?!

The summer is going relatively well.  The big kids have their day programs and the school kids are doing some day camps.  We're doing picnics in the park, hanging at the outdoor pool and just trying to soak up the sun while it's out.  Summer will be over soon enough.  It seems some of the trees have caught wind there are snowsuits at Costco and are starting to yellow their leaves.  It won't be long before Costco sets up its first Christmas tree (end of July beginning of August is when they usually do it.

I have been lazy with the photos as it is such a painful process with this blog format.  I don't know if it's any easy on others but for someone who is technologically challenged it's time consuming to be sure.

Hope you all are having a safe and fun filled summer!

No comments: