Thursday, March 26, 2015

Today is wear purple for epilepsy day. Yesterday was green for cerebral palsy day. It's holoprosencephaly week. I think in the recent past it was crib du chat awareness week and in June (I think) it is hydranencephaly week. Angelman syndrome has its awareness time and it seems everyday is for autism and we just passed the Down syndrome month(?) I can't keep track. The point is I believe all of these disorders have colours etc associated with them and we are all encouraged to wear said colour to support who we might know living with it. I would just like it said that with thirteen kids all with their own unique "specialness" I can't keep up with the colours. I am considering outfitting each of us with a tie dye wardrobe so we might be sure to cover all the days with our support. Rainbow is a nice 'colour'. No wait. Rainbow supports another group. What the hay! We support them too! Some of our best friends......

No comments: