Monday, June 30, 2014

Beloved bucket of bolts

There is good news and bad news today.  

Let's start with the bad so we have something to look forward to at the end of this story.  I have the bus back.  You might think this is the good news but alas...you would be wrong.  Take note of the gaping hole in the side where the air conditioning condenser sits.  It is broken.  Cannot be repaired.  There's good news however in that the part is being ordered after the holiday ( as an aside I have to say that this country that I love and adore so much is celebrating its birthday in a most inconvenient fashion this year as people and mechanics are making an extra long weekend of it thereby shutting up shop.  This has proven very costly for).  Unfortunately the part is mega dollars and this bucket of bolts that I was getting ready to trade in for a new bus that would not suck the loonies and toonies right out of me as this one does at the tender age of three requires it.  The part could take three to five days OR two weeks.  Guess what?  I have to pay the freight.  On a giant part.  Whoohooo!  Guess what else?  After weeks of cool wet weather when the air conditioning was working temperatures this week are going to climb to almost 30C.

You might be thinking...what is the entitled cow complaining about?!  She has a vehicle to get the family from A to B.  So what that it is hot!  True enough.  True enough.  I will defend my whine however by stating putting twelve heated up bodies in a hot bus can lead to some potentially interesting health issues when those bodies might run a bit on the fragile side.

I am grateful.  Really I am.  As frustrating as this has been and will continue to be for a bit we are undoubtedly a very fortunate family.

What is the good news I alluded to at the beginning of my whine?

Having the bus back means the children and their Frozen cd have been reunited!



What is the good news I alluded to at the beginning of my whine?

Having the bus back means the children and their Frozen cd have been reunited!

Yay......!

2 comments:

Extreme parenting said...

I understand your "excitement" with your children being reunited with the "Frozen" DVD we just did a 6000km road trip. The whole trip was either watching "Frozen" or questioning if "Elsa" was on every single mountain we saw.

holland was my destination said...

Ahhh thank goodness ours is just the CD not the DVD! Much shorter ;)
Maybe I should just Let it Go...