Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's international bereaved Mother's Day today. I have scoffed at the notion that this day was necessary as though whether your child is alive or not a mother is a mother on Mother's Day. I think I may have softened my stance this year finally understanding that perhaps for those who have no other children and even for those who do it is a day to recognize that you are a mother to a child who is no longer here to share the day with you, give you special hugs and kisses and sweet drawings depicting their love for you. I so then recant my past years objections. That being said I did not receive a single card, letter or flower today recognizing my bereavedness (fact...the bereaved can make up new words) nor was I made or taken for brunch. What good is a holiday if there is no brunch?

No comments: