Sunday, July 1, 2012

Call me crazy...most do, but....

Call me crazy.  Most do.  Call me a flake.  I might not disagree with you.  Here's what happened today but first a little background.  June of last year as many of you know I did a butterfly release in honour and memory of Ailish.  I had about thirty butterflies and around seventy or so guests.  I had all of the kids in attendance release a butterfly.  The day was a success.  The funny thing though is that there was no real presence of the butterflies for the remainder of the summer.  It was like they all just disappeared.

Today some of us were out in the back and Malia was on the slip and slide.  Soon a butterfly was circling her.  Because I did the whole butterfly release thing I automatically associate butterflies with Ailish.  Because this particular one was staying in close proximity to Malia I decided it had to indeed...be Ailish.  ( I know...C.R.A.Z.Y).  I tried to take a picture but the butterfly left.

With the water play complete I was sitting on the couch and low and behold straight ahead of me out the deck doors was the butterfly.  There was no one out there.  I quickly got the camera.  If it startled it would soon come back.  Eventually it landed on me for a full photo shoot.  Journey came and joined me.  As I generally like to keep my insanity to myself I had said nothing about my feeling the butterfly was Ailish but Journey instead said it for me.  The butterfly was soon landing on her.






You're right...there's nothing there as the 'butterfly' was no dummy.  Saw the kid coming and high tailed it out of there

leaving
Fact of the matter is, I don't know if we had a little visit or not but I have not been feeling Ailish 'around' me like I have for the time she has been gone and feared I had lost her completely.  Perhaps today was to let me know she is indeed here.

No comments: